Quantcast

Update db after changing schema.py

Shiyao Ma

Hi,

My roundup instance is already initialised and the db (postgres) is already populated with some content.

I added a new class and also added a new property to a class in the schema.py.

How can I update the db?

Regards.
--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttps://introo.me

Re: Update db after changing schema.py

John P. Rouillard
Hello:

In message
<CAJQX3DyU2=[hidden email]> ,
Shiyao Ma writes:
>My roundup instance is already initialised and the db (postgres) is already
>populated with some content.
>
>I added a new class and also added a new property to a class in the
>schema.py.
>
>How can I update the db?

The db gets automaticaly updated when the schema is read and the db is
opened.

If you are running it as a cgi script, I don't think there is anything
you have to do since it's restarted on every call.

If yo are running it as a stand alone server or under wsgi or some
other long running process, restarting the server/process should do
it.

If I am wrong I'm sure smebody will correct me.

--
                                -- rouilj

Re: Update db after changing schema.py

Shiyao Ma
Thanks. It works.

After restarting “roundup-server”, I didn’t visit the server webpage, which is an essential part to automatically trigger the schema update.