Quantcast

How long where issues open?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

How long where issues open?

Bernhard Reiter-7
Hi Rounduppers,

let us say I want to know how
long a support ticket is open on the average.

More general this would be how long is an issue in state A(a,b)
before it moved to state B(c,d,e).
I could of course compute this by writing a python script that
asks the history of an issue and computes
 last time the issue was in A
 last time the issue was B
 substract

I am thinking about a more clever way of doing this.
About a reactor that will do the calculation each time
an issue moves to B and put it into a a field?
Once and issue moves back to A, the field could be deleted again.
Now my stats can just be based on this was-open-field.

Did somebody model this with roundup?
If so, how did you do it?
If not, how would you model it?

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard


--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard (CEO)    www.fsfe.org (Founding GA Member)
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Roundup-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roundup-users

signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How long where issues open?

Ralf Schlatterbeck-3
On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 10:13:02AM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Hi Rounduppers,
>
> let us say I want to know how
> long a support ticket is open on the average.
>
> More general this would be how long is an issue in state A(a,b)
> before it moved to state B(c,d,e).
> I could of course compute this by writing a python script that
> asks the history of an issue and computes
>  last time the issue was in A
>  last time the issue was B
>  substract
>
> I am thinking about a more clever way of doing this.
> About a reactor that will do the calculation each time
> an issue moves to B and put it into a a field?
> Once and issue moves back to A, the field could be deleted again.
> Now my stats can just be based on this was-open-field.
>
> Did somebody model this with roundup?
> If so, how did you do it?
> If not, how would you model it?

I usually have an additional field in issued called "closed" that models
the closing date. And then an auditor that sets this field when the
issue goes to some state that is considered "closed" (depending on your
status values there may be more that one state that denotes end-of-life
of an issue). Note that the code gets easier if you don't compute the
names of the stati -- in my code I'm using the states for other stuff,
too.

def closed_auditor (db, cl, nodeid, newvalues)

    new_status_name = cur_status_name = None
    nstat = newvalues.get ('status')
    cstat = None
    if nodeid :
        cstat = cl.get (nodeid, 'status')
    if nstat :
        new_status_name = db.status.get (nstat, 'name')
    if cstat :
        cur_status_name = db.status.get (cstat, 'name')

    # Depending on your logic here you may want to set a default status
    # for a new issue.

    # Set `closed_date` when a bug report is being closed
    # and reset it if re-opened
    if new_status_name == "closed" and cur_status_name != "closed" :
        newvalues ["closed"] = Date (".")
    if new_status_name != "closed" and cur_status_name == "closed" :
        newvalues ["closed"] = None

Among other things I've using this for a plot of open issues by day for
certain projects. Similar to Debian's open issues per release.
Other statistics like your use-case are of course also possible.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Roundup-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roundup-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How long where issues open?

Bernhard Reiter-7
On Monday 07 December 2015 at 16:00:39, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> I usually have an additional field in issued called "closed" that models
> the closing date. And then an auditor that sets this field when the
> issue goes to some state that is considered "closed"

Thanks Ralf, looks interesting and is close to my implementation idea.

Depending on how I want to calculate this in detail
I also consider doing a days-that-it-has-been-open field
which coulid be set to the number of days when reaching "closed"
and if the issue is opened again and closed again, then the addition
"open" days will be added to the field.

> Among other things I've using this for a plot of open issues by day for
> certain projects.

As I've checked the wiki (and some more places) and did not find it:
Did you publish your closed_auditor and the plot solution somewhere?

Best,
Bernhard


--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard (CEO)    www.fsfe.org (Founding GA Member)
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Roundup-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roundup-users

signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How long where issues open?

Ralf Schlatterbeck-3
On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 08:53:16AM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
> As I've checked the wiki (and some more places) and did not find it:
> Did you publish your closed_auditor and the plot solution somewhere?

The auditor is (among other things) in my timetracker project on SF:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/timetracktool/
It only has a git repo no releases.

Don't know if I find the plot solution, this isn't currently in use..

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Roundup-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roundup-users
Loading...