Quantcast

Do we need to download

John P. Rouillard
Hi Everybody:

In the roundup installation docs, there is a section that reads:

=============
Additional Language Codecs
--------------------------

If you intend to send messages to Roundup that use Chinese, Japanese or
Korean encodings the you'll need to obtain CJKCodecs from
http://cjkpython.berlios.de/
=============

The issue: http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue2550851
claims these dirctions are obsolete.

Is anybody usning roundup with Asian lanuages that has *not* had to
explicitly install the CJKCodecs?

I took an example piece of Japanese text and was able to paste it into
a demo.py tracker from the current development version. I saw the
Japanese characters properly displayed. I was able to cut/paste them
from the demo tracker into google translate and get a valid tranlation
to English.

I claim this is a good enough test that we can remove the directions
from the install docs.

Quips, comments, evasions, questions or answers?

--
                                -- rouilj

Sorting on "realname" in nosy pop-up window

Andreas Flöter

Hi,

I wanted to change slightly the properties of the pop-up windows on the nosy list which provides the user list.

(1) being able to change the default number of entries from the issue.item.html template

(2) getting the list sorted on "realname" instead on an alphabetic sort of the userids

(1) required two changes, on in issue.item.html and one in user.help-search.html. In issue.item.html the parameter

pagesize='75'

is added. In _generic.help-list the

tal:attributes="value request/pagesize"

had to be added.

(2) For the sorting on "realname" it was not very obvious to me. According to the documentation the parameter

sort='realname'

was required to the method classhelp was required. This I added to issue.item.html. But only after I added a hidden field in user.help-search.html this values was actually taken.

I attached the 2 patch files "issue.item.html.patch" and "user.help-search..html.patch". There was back in 2005 already a posting for sorting on realname, see https://sourceforge.net/p/roundup/mailman/message/12294566/, but this didn't work without the hidden field for me.

Furthermore, I assume that one "form" tag in _generic.help-list.html is too much, see attached patch.

Maybe it is helpful for somebody else too.

Andreas

issue.item.html.patch (843 bytes) Download Attachment
user.help-search..html.patch (1009 bytes) Download Attachment
_generic_.help-list.patch (437 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Do we need to download

Thomas Arendsen Hein
* John P. Rouillard <[hidden email]> [20160612 02:56]:
> Is anybody usning roundup with Asian lanuages that has *not* had to
> explicitly install the CJKCodecs?
>
> I took an example piece of Japanese text and was able to paste it into
> a demo.py tracker from the current development version. I saw the
> Japanese characters properly displayed. I was able to cut/paste them
> from the demo tracker into google translate and get a valid tranlation
> to English.

I assume you have tested UTF-8 mails, which indeed work fine with
characters from various languages.

But for Japanese there are the Shift_JIS (aka sjis), ISO-2022-JP and
EUC-JP encodings, and I assume there are similar encodings for
Chinese and Korean characters. This needs to be tested, too.

Maybe just adjust the text to say something like
"CJKCodecs is probably needed for Asian languages when using
encodings other than UTF-8"

Regards,
Thomas

--
[hidden email] - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998