Quantcast

Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

anatoly techtonik
Hi,

There is an ancient version of Roundup 1.0 that
SourceForge proposes to download at this page:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/

Is it possible to disable it and redirect downloads
to PyPi page like it is done with the main site? I
lack permissions to change settings on SF project.

--
anatoly t.

Re: Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

Thomas Arendsen Hein
* anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> [20170320 05:46]:
> There is an ancient version of Roundup 1.0 that
> SourceForge proposes to download at this page:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/
>
> Is it possible to disable it and redirect downloads
> to PyPi page like it is done with the main site? I
> lack permissions to change settings on SF project.

I just uploaded a README.txt and "OldFiles/roundup-downloads.txt" to
the SF page with the following content:

| This site only hosts old versions of the Roundup Issue Tracker.
|
| Please download the current release from: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/roundup

The main page still shows the 1.0 download, but maybe it needs some
time to refresh?

Or it thinks that a .txt file can't be a release, so maybe we need
to upload a roundup-current.tar.gz (or roundup-999.999.tar.gz?)
containing just a text file mentioning the new download location.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Arendsen Hein <[hidden email]> - OpenPGP key: 0x5BB3F5195816791A
https://blogs.intevation.de/thomas/         - https://intevation.de/~thomas/

Re: Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

anatoly techtonik
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Thomas Arendsen Hein
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> * anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> [20170320 05:46]:
>> There is an ancient version of Roundup 1.0 that
>> SourceForge proposes to download at this page:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/
>>
>> Is it possible to disable it and redirect downloads
>> to PyPi page like it is done with the main site? I
>> lack permissions to change settings on SF project.
>
> I just uploaded a README.txt and "OldFiles/roundup-downloads.txt" to
> the SF page with the following content:
>
> | This site only hosts old versions of the Roundup Issue Tracker.
> |
> | Please download the current release from: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/roundup

Better make it markdown for making link clickable -
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Files-Readme/

> The main page still shows the 1.0 download, but maybe it needs some
> time to refresh?
>
> Or it thinks that a .txt file can't be a release, so maybe we need
> to upload a roundup-current.tar.gz (or roundup-999.999.tar.gz?)
> containing just a text file mentioning the new download location.

It tries to autodetect OS and propose suitable file. Can be fixed with
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6777327/how-to-manually-set-the-default-download-file-in-a-sourceforge-project

Although README.txt says that site hosts old versions, I don't see
any files at https://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/files/

I don't know if it is possible to disable downloads altogether.
Maybe upload "Downloads Disabled" filename.
--
anatoly t.

Re: Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

Thomas Arendsen Hein
* anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> [20170320 10:27]:

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Thomas Arendsen Hein
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I just uploaded a README.txt and "OldFiles/roundup-downloads.txt" to
> > the SF page with the following content:
> >
> > | This site only hosts old versions of the Roundup Issue Tracker.
> > |
> > | Please download the current release from: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/roundup
>
> Better make it markdown for making link clickable -
> https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Files-Readme/

Good idea, done.

> > The main page still shows the 1.0 download, but maybe it needs some
> > time to refresh?
> >
> > Or it thinks that a .txt file can't be a release, so maybe we need
> > to upload a roundup-current.tar.gz (or roundup-999.999.tar.gz?)
> > containing just a text file mentioning the new download location.
>
> It tries to autodetect OS and propose suitable file. Can be fixed with
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6777327/how-to-manually-set-the-default-download-file-in-a-sourceforge-project

Done, works fine. Now README.md is offered for download.

> Although README.txt says that site hosts old versions, I don't see
> any files at https://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/files/

There is a folder named "OldFiles", the 1.0 release was inside that.

> I don't know if it is possible to disable downloads altogether.

Does not seem so (maybe except for removing all files, but I don't
want to do that)

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Arendsen Hein <[hidden email]> - OpenPGP key: 0x5BB3F5195816791A
https://blogs.intevation.de/thomas/         - https://intevation.de/~thomas/
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Re: Ancient Roundup version in SF.net downloads

anatoly techtonik
Nice. =)