Quantcast

404 issue1 not found

Martin Thomas Swaton
Dear roundup users,

I have installed a new roundup - for the first time on centos7.

So I used the source from the website, as there is no package distributed.

Then I found out, that there is no mod_python available for centos7
anymore and I have to use the mod_wsgi.

I have the following config:

in the vhost conf:

WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/roundup/trackers/support/apache/roundup.wsgi

where the roundup.wsgi is:

from roundup.cgi.wsgi_handler import RequestDispatcher
tracker_home = "/opt/roundup/trackers/support"
application = RequestDispatcher(tracker_home)

I can open the Startpage without any problems, can login as admin and
see my first issue, that I have submitted via email / imap.

But when I open the url from the mail (or directly on the webpage) from
the first issue I get an 404 not found error.

https://website.tld/issue1/

404

Does anybody have any idea what is going on or where my problem can be
found?

I tried to add the "old" aliases in the apache conf for static and other
content and also tried without them.

Hope anybody has some hints for me.

Best wishes,

Martin

Re: 404 issue1 not found

John P. Rouillard
Hello Martin:

MepIn message <[hidden email]>,
Martin Thomas Swaton writes:

>Then I found out, that there is no mod_python available for centos7
>anymore and I have to use the mod_wsgi.
>I have the following config:
>
>in the vhost conf:
>
>WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/roundup/trackers/support/apache/roundup.wsgi
>
>where the roundup.wsgi is:
>
>  from roundup.cgi.wsgi_handler import RequestDispatcher
>  tracker_home = "/opt/roundup/trackers/support"
>  application = RequestDispatcher(tracker_home)
>
>I can open the Startpage without any problems, can login as admin and
>see my first issue, that I have submitted via email / imap.
>
>But when I open the url from the mail (or directly on the webpage) from
>the first issue I get an 404 not found error.
>
>https://website.tld/issue1/
>404

404 is the right response.

The correct url is https://website.tld/issue1 (note: no trailing /).

Does the url generated in the web inteface or in the email include the
trailing /?

If not, is there some mod_rewrite rule in apache or something that
could be adding the trailing /?

>I tried to add the "old" aliases in the apache conf for static and other
>content and also tried without them.

I am not sure what you mean by this.

--
                                -- rouilj

Re: 404 issue1 not found

Martin Thomas Swaton
Thanks John!

the hint with the trailing / was exactly what I needed.

the old version and implimentation with mod_python needed:

# roundup requires a slash after tracker name - add it if missing
#RedirectMatch permanent ^/([^/]+)$ /$1/
and also had no problems with the trailing slash that is added by the
browser automatically, when there is no filename at the end of the url.

e.g. issue1 gets a slash by the browser, issue.1 won't.

So I added:

RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)/$ /$1

and everything is working. Maybe someone could add the information about
the trailing / to the documentation how to set up roundup with wsgi.

By the way, how would I set the language for the webinterface with
mod_wsgi? With mod_python I could set that in the vhost.conf as python
option. Where would I do that now with mod_wsgi?

Thanks for your great and quick response,

Martin

Am 18.09.2016 um 04:11 schrieb John P. Rouillard:

> Hello Martin:
>
> MepIn message <[hidden email]>,
> Martin Thomas Swaton writes:
>> Then I found out, that there is no mod_python available for centos7
>> anymore and I have to use the mod_wsgi.
>> I have the following config:
>>
>> in the vhost conf:
>>
>> WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/roundup/trackers/support/apache/roundup.wsgi
>>
>> where the roundup.wsgi is:
>>
>>   from roundup.cgi.wsgi_handler import RequestDispatcher
>>   tracker_home = "/opt/roundup/trackers/support"
>>   application = RequestDispatcher(tracker_home)
>>
>> I can open the Startpage without any problems, can login as admin and
>> see my first issue, that I have submitted via email / imap.
>>
>> But when I open the url from the mail (or directly on the webpage) from
>> the first issue I get an 404 not found error.
>>
>> https://website.tld/issue1/
>> 404
> 404 is the right response.
>
> The correct url is https://website.tld/issue1 (note: no trailing /).
>
> Does the url generated in the web inteface or in the email include the
> trailing /?
>
> If not, is there some mod_rewrite rule in apache or something that
> could be adding the trailing /?
>
>> I tried to add the "old" aliases in the apache conf for static and other
>> content and also tried without them.
> I am not sure what you mean by this.
>
> --
> -- rouilj
> John Rouillard

Re: 404 issue1 not found

John P. Rouillard
Hi Martin:

In message <[hidden email]>,
Martin Thomas Swaton writes:

>Thanks John!
>the hint with the trailing / was exactly what I needed.
>
>the old version and implementation with mod_python needed:
>
># roundup requires a slash after tracker name - add it if missing
>#RedirectMatch permanent ^/([^/]+)$ /$1/
>and also had no problems with the trailing slash that is added by the
>browser automatically, when there is no filename at the end of the url.
>
>e.g. issue1 gets a slash by the browser, issue.1 won't.
>
>So I added:
>
>RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)/$ /$1
>
>and everything is working. Maybe someone could add the information about
>the trailing / to the documentation how to set up roundup with wsgi.

Could you suggest where that should go and some example text?

>By the way, how would I set the language for the webinterface with
>mod_wsgi? With mod_python I could set that in the vhost.conf as python
>option. Where would I do that now with mod_wsgi?

I thought roundup would use the language header in the http request.

Then again I have never had to use it in any language but
English. However I think there is a language setting in the tracker
section of the config.ini file.

The code says:

        (NullableOption, "language", "",
            "Default locale name for this tracker.\n"
            "If this option is not set, the language is determined\n"
            "by OS environment variable LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES,\n"
            "or LANG, in that order of preference."),

so I assume any valid LC_ALL value would work.

>Thanks for your great and quick response,

Glad it worked out for you.

It sounds like you are upgrading/converting an existing roundup.

If you don't mind my asking what are you using it for?

Have a great week.

--
                                -- rouilj

Re: 404 issue1 not found

Martin Thomas Swaton
Hello John,

Am 20.09.2016 um 03:21 schrieb John P. Rouillard:

> Hi Martin:
>
> In message <[hidden email]>,
> Martin Thomas Swaton writes:
>> Thanks John!
>> the hint with the trailing / was exactly what I needed.
>>
>> the old version and implementation with mod_python needed:
>>
>> # roundup requires a slash after tracker name - add it if missing
>> #RedirectMatch permanent ^/([^/]+)$ /$1/
>> and also had no problems with the trailing slash that is added by the
>> browser automatically, when there is no filename at the end of the url.
>>
>> e.g. issue1 gets a slash by the browser, issue.1 won't.
>>
>> So I added:
>>
>> RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)/$ /$1
>>
>> and everything is working. Maybe someone could add the information about
>> the trailing / to the documentation how to set up roundup with wsgi.
> Could you suggest where that should go and some example text?

the documentation at
http://www.roundup-tracker.org/docs/installation.html
has a part for wsgi - I guess here would be a good place. But anyway,
the instructions how to set roundup up with wsgi in the documentation
seem not correct or at least not the simplest way.
In my earlier message I put the "one" line that is needed in the apache
config, the documentation states, that you have to start a wsgi server
with make server, which seems not to be correct.
I would suggest to just give the simple example with the oneliner and
the three lines for the .wsgi file so everybody can simply set that up,
if needed.

>> By the way, how would I set the language for the webinterface with
>> mod_wsgi? With mod_python I could set that in the vhost.conf as python
>> option. Where would I do that now with mod_wsgi?
> I thought roundup would use the language header in the http request.
>
> Then again I have never had to use it in any language but
> English. However I think there is a language setting in the tracker
> section of the config.ini file.
>
> The code says:
>
>          (NullableOption, "language", "",
>              "Default locale name for this tracker.\n"
>              "If this option is not set, the language is determined\n"
>              "by OS environment variable LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES,\n"
>              "or LANG, in that order of preference."),
>
> so I assume any valid LC_ALL value would work.

yes, you are right, in the config this can also be set. But with
mod_python and it's  setup you where able to have different domains
pointing to the same roundup instance and per domain set the language.
This is not possible if you set it in the config.
I do not need it right now, just noticed, that I am no more able to do
it like before :-)
Maybe someone has an idea how to reimpliment that in future.

>> Thanks for your great and quick response,
> Glad it worked out for you.
>
> It sounds like you are upgrading/converting an existing roundup.
>
> If you don't mind my asking what are you using it for?

your welcome, yes 'i installed a new version on a centos7 server and use
my old template and detectors. Beside removing the anypy.set_ includes I
did not have to make changes - the 1.5.0 setup also works with 1.5.1.
I use it as an company support system. i just added auto assignment on a
Mail reply of a support member and auto assignment per tag if the tag is
found in the subject.

Have a nice week too!

martin